It may seem silly to hire a marketing agency but there are many benefits to partnering with a marketing consulting firm like ours. Some of these benefits include:
- Saves You Time-Because you are not spending all of your time on social media to promote yourself or researching how to promote yourself, you have more time to write. Marketing plans are also promptly scheduled, executed, and analyzed so that you don’t have to manually do it.
- Experience-Marketing agencies spend alot of time researching the latest marketing trends and the best places to advertise so that you don’t have to.
- Saves You Money-Because we understand SEO, keyword search, content development, ad placement, and data analytics we can help you get the most out of your ads. You also don’t have to pay employee benefits, payroll taxes, or buy expensive software or equipment to market yourself.
- Innovative 3rd Party Perspective-Sometimes it takes someone on the outside to see what could be done better on the inside.
Check out our website to view the marketing services we offer and feel free to contact us for samples of advertisements we have done in the past. We would love to assist you! Write Reach-Giving Your More Time to Write 😉
Yes, you are a writer and yes, you use your words more often than pictures to convey your thoughts and feelings, but the fact is we live in a visual society now. We had to adapt to the flood of information we can now access and did this by shortening our attention span and mastering the ability to briefly “scan” so that we can “multitask, prioritize, and consume quickly and efficiently”. The old saying “A picture is worth a thousand words” rings truer today than in years past. People still read books for entertainment but getting someone to read about your book on social media or anywhere online really, is an entirely different story.
People typically don’t stop to read an article or a post in their newsfeed unless there is an intriguing headline, picture, or video associated with it. We have become an impatient society and need visual stimulation to provoke us to further explore the written word. A study conducted by researchers in Canada revealed that the average human attention span today is about 8 seconds. This is why it is so important that you incorporate images and videos into your posts and why the choice of your book title and cover are so important as well.
Please keep this in mind when crafting your posts, e-mails, subject lines, and blogs and you will have much greater marketing success as an author.
LinkedIn started out with a bang and everyone thought it was going to be a monumental marketing tool, which yes, it is or can be. Since its inception, LinkedIn has become more about job searches and marketing yourself to potential employers rather than a source for mainstream news or building your business. However, if you use LinkedIn correctly it can be a wonderful tool for increasing your potential target audience and building your e-mail marketing databases.
You can ask people to subscribe to your newsletters, blogs, pages, and e-mail promotions all you want and put a link on your website or profile to sign up, but the fact is most people do not want to take the time to “subscribe.” So you as the entrepreneur will have to put the work in to build your subscribers. LinkedIn can help you do that. You can connect with limitless people on LinkedIn and once connected you have access to their contact information, most often an e-mail address and/or phone number. You can search for people by company, industry, profile keywords and then get to connecting. You have the power to choose your target audience and then actively connect with them. Once you are connected on LinkedIn you can begin adding e-mail addresses to your database.
We know of companes that have increased their subscriber database threefold just by gathering e-mail addresses on LinkedIn. It takes a little bit of work but the reward will be worth it.
Your book title is the first thing that a person will see when they look at your book. This is why its so important that your title provides enough intrigue and information that someone wants to pick up your book and start reading. “The title of your book is–by far–the most important book marketing decision you’ll make.”-Tucker Max (blogger for Book in a Box) A great book title will match the following critieria:
- Easy to Say
- Easy to Read
- Not too Controversial
- Adequate reflection of the theme and content of your book
- Isn’t already being used
To start the process, Tucker Max advises you to ask yourself what purpose you want your book title to serve. Do you want it to help you build a brand, catch attention, be a reflection of you as the author, be apart of a series, etc.? Then you can begin writing down ideas. Tucker offers detailed brainstorming ideas in his blog article Picking the Perfect Book Title. After you have narrowed down your titles you will want to test them out on people you know, strangers, libraries, send out a survey, etc. and hopefully this will help you hone in on that one perfect title.
Written by Guest Blogger-Rachael Storey
MailChimp is one of the most user friendly, e-mail marketing platforms I have come across thus far and its FREE! You can have about 2,000 subscribers and send up to 12,000 e-mails per month on the free plan. Plus they have beautiful pre-built templates that you can use to plug in your content or you can create your own modifiable template. Either way I have found it to be extremely easy and very customizable to your style, brand, and purpose of e-mail.
MailChimp is also awesome because of these features:
- You can build a contact database by adding subscribers individually or you can import contacts from a spreadsheet or other CRM system (Customer Relationship Management)
- You can schedule and automate your marketing campaigns
- MailChimp provides data analytics on each of your campaigns-Number of opens, number of clicks, number of forwards, etc.
- MailChimp has built-in sign up forms that you can use for your newsletters, blogs, promotional e-mails, and whatever you want really
- You can auto post your campaigns to your social media accounts from MailChimp
Check out this MailChimp template that I custom built recently just to give you an idea.
As you can see MailChimp allows you to build e-mail templates and marketing campaigns to serve all sorts of purposes, styles, and brands. Check it out! https://mailchimp.com/